We take your privacy seriously. This document sets out what data we collect, how we store and process it, and what we do with it. At all times, we strive to be fair, open, honest, and careful with your data.
Cookies used on our site
- Monitor and improve the performance of our site
- Measure the visitor traffic to our site
- Manage your interaction with this site
Some of these cookies are essential and the site cannot operate without them, so if you decide not to allow cookies then you will not be able to use any part of this site that needs cookies. Some of the cookies usually expire in a short time period. Some of the cookies are temporary cookies which expire when you close your browser. Some of the cookies are called “permanent” which do expire but over a longer time period.
You may delete cookies from your browser at any time, and the manufacturers of your browser software explains the way to do that.
We may allow third party advertisers to place cookies from our site, and these are used to control any advertising that we may put on our site from time to time.
Information we collect
We make this site freely available to our visitors who wish to read our content and we do not collect any personal information for that purpose . We may use anonymised and/or aggregated data collected by the site and our web server to monitor performance and use of the site, to ensure effective running of the service, and to make improvements or enhancements to the site. Information we collect may include your IP Address, your device type (e.g. PC, Tablet) and your browser version, the URL from which you arrived at our site, and information about the operating system that you are using.
When you voluntarily visit or interact with our site (such as registering), we will collect and store information that you provide to us. This may include your name, address, email, phone number and location, whether you have accepted our terms and conditions or not, and other relevant information related to your use of the Site. You are not obliged to provide any information (although you may not be able to complete certain interactions), and all information you do choose to provide is provided freely by you.
From time to time, we may ask you for information to help us improve our service, although you do not have to provide that information.
Storage of data
All data collected is stored within the EU (usually in the UK). As is common with Internet services, this site and services are hosted by a professional hosting providers. We will use industry-standard security methods, such as SSL, to protect your data in transit over the Internet between you and us.
Emails are not secure so we will not pass sensitive data (to the extent that we have any) in email, and you must not do the same. In particular, you must not send us any personal or confidential credentials to us by any insecure method including email.
Although we take reasonable steps, such as using industry-standard security methods like SSL encryption, to secure information that is transmitted over the Internet to and from our Service, the Internet is a public network and the security or confidentiality of such data cannot be guaranteed. You send data over the Internet at your risk.
Other websites and services
What we do with the stored data and how we use it
We use the stored data to provide services to you, to tailor the information presented to you and to offer you a satisfactory user experience. We will not disclose your information or data to any third party, unless:
- You ask us to
- or you authorise us to
- or such a disclosure is mandated by the courts, law enforcement, or ordered in judicial proceedings or to comply with a legal obligation. This may be necessary to avoid fraud or crime, to protect customers, or for criminal investigation.
- or such disclosure is necessary for the essential delivery of our service to you, such as our use of postal or courier service to send items to you, or to our payment provider where we offer that service. Where a third party sells items in our shop, where will pass only the necessary information for that third party to supply purchased goods to you.
- or in the event of the transfer or sale of the change of ownership of our Gadget Savvy business or site company or its business, in order to provide continued service to you. Current customers will be given advanced warning of any such transfer of ownership, and you will have an option to decline that transfer of information.
- where we reasonably believe that we have detected fraudulent or other criminal or dishonest activity on our site, we will report such activity to legal authorities.
We respect your inbox and your time, so we will only send marketing communications infrequently. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages, but you are not able to decline transactional or service messages as these may be important for your continued use of the site. To opt-out of marketing messages, please inform us by using email, our website contact form, or by using the “unsubscribe” link that we provide in our emails.
Some of our marketing material may contain tracking information that helps us to understand what is of interest to you.
Changes to this Policy
Your Acceptance of this Policy
2nd January 2017: This page was created